You can’t open the workbook because it has a corrupt data model. This usually happens when you are trying to edit an existing table, and then import your changes into the new table on the next page.
The “microsoft excel couldn’t load a necessary component” is an issue that can happen with Microsoft Excel. A solution for this issue is to reinstall the program and make sure it has all of its required components.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a youngster, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
14th of December, 2021
Publish date: July 2020
- You can encounter a We couldn’t load the data model issue while using an earlier version of Excel on Windows 10.
- We’ll show you three different methods to get around this inconvenient mistake.
- Do you want to be ready for any Excel-related problem? More information is available in our Excel Hub.
- In addition, our Microsoft Office website has all you need to know about the Office suite.
When operating on Windows 10, certain older programs or software may have a few difficulties.
One of these difficulties with the Office 365 suite is the error We couldn’t load the data model that users get when attempting to launch a PowerPivot for Excel 2013 Manage window.
The problem isn’t significant, and it can be fixed quickly with one of our solutions.
How can I repair the Excel issue “We couldn’t load the data model”?
1. Replace the workplace furniture.
From the start, we recommended switching to a lighter office suite.
Office 365 is a solid choice and one of the most often recommended productivity packages for both business and education. There are, however, many lighter, less expensive, and more adaptable alternatives.
Alternative office suites include tools that enable you to generate text documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in the same way as the MS Office suite does.
These alternatives support all major file types, so you should be able to read and edit an MS Office document without any problems.
Alternative solutions are for the most part cheaper and you can even discover fully free programs that will enable you to produce and modify documents at a comparable level as expensive ones.
2. Modify the parameters of the Local Group Policy
- Gpedit.msc may be found by pressing Windows Key + R and typing gpedit.msc. To run it, press Enter or OK.
- Once the Local Group Policy Editor is open, go to the left pane and find the following:
- User Rights Assignment/Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies
- Double-click Increase a process operating set Policy to open it.
- In a new window, a list will emerge. Users group should be included in this list, but if it isn’t, click the Add User or Group option.
- In To choose Users, type in the object names and then click Check Names and OK.
- Users should now be added to the group. To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
3. Shut off SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular).
Users complained that the error message “We couldn’t load the data model” shows when they create a new Excel 2013 workbook and add a table to the Data Model.
Users recommend turning off SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular) services to resolve this issue.
You may also want to try entirely uninstalling Analysis Services 2012 from your PC, as some users recommend.
Follow these steps to do this:
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
- Select Microsoft SQL Server from the list of currently installed applications, then click Change.
- Select the instance of SQL Server instances that contains the instance of Analysis Services that you wish to delete from the Component Selection page’s SQL Server instances section.
- Select Analysis Services from the Feature Maintenance page to run the Microsoft SQL Server Installation Wizard.
- Remove Microsoft SQL Server from the Change or Remove Instance page.
- Then, on successive wizard pages, click Next and follow the instructions.
To summarize, the We couldn’t load the data model issue message most often affects PowerPivot for Excel 2013, and as you can see, it’s a simple problem to solve using one of our solutions.
Have you tried any of these or other options? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “manage data model not opening” is an issue that has been present for a while. The issue can be fixed by managing the data model.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I unlink data models in Excel?
A: In Excel, you can unlink two data models by opening the linking dialogue and choosing Remove.
How do I enable manage data model in Excel?
A: Manage Data Model is a feature in Microsoft Excel, which gives you the ability to view and edit that model. You can use this feature by navigating to File > Options > Trust Center
What is Excel add to data model?
A: Excel is a structured software product designed to help you organize, analyze, and visualize data in your spreadsheets. Its been around since 1985 but has only really boomed since the mid-2000s when it became popular with business users who needed quick ways of analyzing large amounts of numbers without having to do any actual programming.
- excel loading data model freezes
- powerpivot is unable to load the data model
- data model in workbook is damaged
- how to fix data model in excel
- power pivot crashes excel